*We are not hiring for any positions at this time.
Basic Requirements for Employment
- Indiana Physician/CSR Licensure, DEA licensure
- ABEM Board Certified (or eligible if recent graduation from residency)
- Strong work ethic, winning attitude, and preferably a desire for long term position
- 5 hours of annual stroke CME, 25 hours annual general CME
- Danville Emergency Department: estimated 27,000 annual patient visits
- Brownsburg Emergency Department: estimated 9,000 annual patient visits
- Community appropriate mix of adult and pediatric patients
- Outstanding relationship with our Nursing, Ancillary Staff, and Hospital Administration
- High medical acuity, <1% LWBS rate
- Certified Primary Stroke Hospital, Pre-Hospital TeleStroke Program
- Chest Pain Center, Cardiac Cath lab on weekdays
- We see minor trauma and stabilize major cases for transfer
- Social services available over 12 hours a day
- ED Staffed with trained Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) nurses at both sites.
- Multiple specialities including: General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatric and Adult Hospitalists, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Urology, Gastroenterology, OB/GYN, and Cardiology
- Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and OB-GYN in house at main campus 24/7
- Special Care Nursery at main campus
- Community Paramedic Program
- Palliative Care Program at main campus
- Excellent Radiology coverage with MRI, CT, and Ultrasound. Many procedures available (Paracentesis, Thoracentesis, LP) if requested. All studies during day hours reviewed in real-time by our Radiologists. Tele-radiology used for after hours/overnight imaging
- Excellent Respiratory Therapy coverage with state of the art equipment, ventilators, CPAP/BiPAP, Vapotherm, Video Airway Devices
- Ongoing relationship with Marian University-College of Osteopathic Medicine. Opportunity to have 3rd/4th year medical students rotate with physicians.
- Opportunities for EMS education through our Hospital's EMT and paramedic training programs.
Electronic Medical Record
- EPIC at both sites
- Dragon Dictation
- Vanguard 401 (k) with excellent employer matching contributions, many low cost, diversified investment options. Financial advisor available (if desired) for retirement funds.
- Excellent health/dental benefits including a funded HSA with generous employer contributions. Health insurance through Anthem BCBS. Guardian Dental. Blue Vision.
- Excellent Own-Occupation Group Disability coverage is included (Short-term and Long Term) through MGIS.
- Life-insurance coverage through MGIS.
- Fully paid malpractice coverage through MedPro group (Occurrence Based).
- Very competitive compensation for Indianapolis area. Higher rate for Physician night shifts. Opportunity for more night shifts if desired.
- Generous Annual CME Fund for Physicians and Physician Assistants.
- Company reimbursement for (either) AAEM or ACEP annual membership.
- Company reimbursement for any work-related necessary expenses like Indiana Physician License/CSR, DEA fees, and Board Certification fees.
- All contracts identical, renewable annually without a signature.
- Danville ED: 36 hours of daily Physician coverage. Physician shift schedules: 7a-4p, 1p-10p, 4p-1a, 10p-7a. 14 hours of daily PA coverage. PA shift schedule 9a-11p.
- Brownsburg ED: 24 hours of daily physician coverage. Shift Schedules M-F 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a. Sat-Sun 7a-7p, 7p-7a. PAs currently work in the ED limited hours after Immediate Care closes.
- Physicians: 8, 9, 12 hour shifts (120 hrs for full time status). Split ~50% at each site. Approximately 14 shifts/month. Shift requests due 3 months in advance. We all work equal share of Holidays, weekends, and nights (unless more nights requested).
- Physician Assistants: 14 hour shifts (10 days/month). 14 shifts/month (140 hrs). Split between Danville/Brownsburg ED and Brownsburg ICC.
- Opportunity for night shifts only if desired.
- Average 1.5 -2 patients per hour.
- Excellent collegial relationship with our Physician Assistants.
- Team attitude/work ethic.
Hendricks Regional Health Danville Hospital
- 170 inpatient beds, 12 bed ICU, Pediatric Unit, Stroke Unit, Special Care Nursery
ED has 26 beds (6 fast track beds, 3 critical care beds). 2 patient decontamination shower in building, mass decontamination unit in ambulance bay (can do 20 patients at a time). In department CT scan, radiology room, and ultrasound. Bedside ultrasound available. Constructed in 2004. It is state of the art and has had at least 4 other EDs built on it's design. CT scanner is 64 slice scanner. MRI in hospital 3 Tesla. Helicopter pad outside ED.
Hendricks Regional Health Brownsburg Hospital
- 6 inpatient beds
- ED has 12 beds (2 critical care beds). There is also a 4 bed observation unit in the ED. Facility opened January 2018.
- CT scan, radiology, ultrasound, MRI available.
- Helicopter pad outside ED.
- Our group is woven within the fabric of HRH. Many of our Physicians hold roles within the hospital and various committees.
History and Indianapolis area
- Independent Democratic Group in existence since 1993 with Physician and Physician Assistant longevity
- Great community with top-rated schools. Many of our staff live on the North and West sides of Indianapolis. Hendricks County is one of Indiana's fastest growing counties.
- Very low cost of living
- Favorable Indiana legal environment
- HRH is an EMS training facility for EMTs and Paramedics https://www.hendricks.org/er/education
- Three physicians provide EMS medical direction
- Hendricks Regional Health serves as sponsoring Medical Control Hospital for multiple Fire/EMS agencies in Hendricks, Morgan, and Boone counties, including: Brownsburg, Avon, Plainfield, Danville, Liberty, Mooresville, Pittsboro, Lizton, and North Salem.
- We also provide EMS Medical Direction to Hendricks County 911 Communication Center and Hendricks County Tactical EMS Teams.
- EMS, P.C. partners with HRH and our Neurology department to maintain Primary Stroke Center certification. https://www.hendricks.org/stroke-care
- We have a state of the art Pre-Hospital TeleStroke Program that allows assessment of patients remotely via secure mobile technology.
- EMS, P.C. partners with HRH and Community Health Cardiologists to provide top quality cardiac care to patients. https://www.hendricks.org/heart
Dr. Nossett serves as a track physician at the annual Indianapolis 500 race